Medical Education Committee
Terms of Reference
- To review applications for SMDC registration
- To interview applicants for registration
- To make recommendations to the Chairman and governing board of SMDC whether applications should be approved or rejected
- To document the grounds for approval or rejection of any application
- To propose strategies to the governing board of SMDC to make the registration application process more efficient, effective, transparent, responsive and equitable.
- To propose strategies for the continuous medical education and professional development of doctors
- To prepare and propose to the governing board an outline regulation within four months for formalizing the continuous medical education and professional development of medical practitioners and dentists
- To identify the lists of institutions, the degrees of which will be recognized and not recognized by SMDC, as the case may be. To review that list as required.
- To review suitability of medical and dental course contents and make recommendations to the governing board of the Council
- Any other cognate duties assigned by the governing board of the Council or by the Chairman on behalf of the governing board.
The Committee will be chaired by the Chairman of the SMDC
- Dr Bernard Valentin (Chairman)
- Dr Robert Michel
- Dr Mickey Noel
- Dr Harold Pothin
- Dr Jost V Schoenebeck
- Dr Velmurugan Chetty
- Dr Sethu Chetty
Terms of Reference
- To provide financial oversight for the SMDC
- To set up financial monitoring, internal controls and accountability policies
- To monitor adherence to the budget
- To set long-range financial goals along with funding strategies to achieve them.
- To present all financial goals and proposals to the board of SMDC for approval
- To propose policies that help ensure the assets of the SMDC are protected.
- To ensure policies and procedures for financial transactions are documented in a manual and the manual is reviewed annually, and updated as necessary.
- To propose and select the auditor.
- To present the audit report to the full board of directors (if the auditor does not do this).
- Any other cognate duties assigned by the Board or the Chairman of SMDC
- Mr Georges Tirant – Chairman
- Mr Harold Pothin
- Mrs Colette Servina