All medical practitioners and dentists wishing to work in Seychelles must be registered by the Seychelles Medical and Dental Council prior to employment.
In order to register, the applicant must submit the following documents to the Seychelles Medical and Dental Council.
- A passport type electronic photograph or hard copy of the photograph
- A copy of the passport showing the applicant’s full name, nationality and date of birth
- A copy of all medical qualifications received, especially the basic qualification as a medical practitioner or dentist (The Council will conduct primary source verification of all documents submitted)
- A copy of the transcript if the applicant is a new graduate
- The certificate of registration from the Medical and/or Dental Council where the doctor studied or worked before coming to Seychelles
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A signed document as provided here authorization-to-release-information authorising release of information to the Seychelles Medical and Dental Council, for each and every institution (name and address of the institution to be inserted by applicant) that issued you a document that you are submitting to this Council.
- A copy of the proof of payment of the initial processing fee provided by the bank, if money has been transferred to the account of SMDC by wire transfer. Bank transfer information is here BANK DETAILS FOR USD TRANSFER (2)
Additionally if the medical practitioner or dentist is not a new graduate
9. A letter or recommendation from the last employer prior to coming to work in Seychelles if applicable.
10. A letter of good standing (or Certificate of Current Professional Status) from the Medical or Dental Council of the country where the doctor or dentist last worked prior to coming to Seychelles if applicable.
11. Following verification of your documents and upon confirmation by the Council that you may be registered, the applicant will then be required to pay the registration fee of Seychelles Rupees 1000.
10. Must fill in a registration form giving us their personal details in relation to address, telephone and e-mail contacts and other such information. This information is entered into our database.
11. Must pay a non-refundable processing fee of SR 1200 or USD100 must be paid on deposition of the above documents.
12. Should send their documents by e-mail or in person to the SMDC address given in “CONTACT US”
The SMDC Office examines the documents and undertakes primary (or secondary) source verification to make a determination as to whether the applicant is eligible for registration or not.
If the applicant is deemed eligible for registration, the verdict is communicated to him/her or his/her agent, usually within two weeks.
The applicant will be then entitled to a full registration or a temporary registration.
- Full registration is reserved for fully qualified medical practitioners or dentists on long term employment in Seychelles (usually more than one year)
- Temporary registration is reserved for doctors or dentists who
- have not completed their internship (this form of temporary registration is provisional)
- are fully qualified doctors but are coming to work in Seychelles for less than six months
An additional registration fee of SR 500 is payable for temporary registration and SR 1000 for full registration.
A certificate of registration is issued to complete the registration process.
Please download the registration form below, fill it and scan it with your information.
Find below the pathway to registration at a glance. Click on the link:
Pathway to the Register
The list of institutions whose qualifications are not acceptable for registration by SMDC is the same as the list of the General Medical Council of the United Kingdom and is found here.